We know it’s been a long year, and everyone is ready to get out and get away. We’re excited to open Port Austin Bed and Breakfast and welcome our first guests. But even delaying our opening for a year does not change the fact COVID-19 still affects every process at the Inn. COVID has changed the way we all think about travel and vacation, where we go and how we get there.
Port Austin Bed and Breakfast is committed to the health and safety of guests and staff. We follow the guidance of the below organizations so we can provide the safest and most carefree environment so you can relax and rejuvenate.
MDHHS – Michigan Department of Health and Human Services
CDC – Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
AHLA – American Hotel & Lodging Association
Updated: March 19, 2021
Below are the protocols you’ll find place when you stay at Port Austin Bed and Breakfast. This statement overrides any contradiction to our regular posted policies. This list will be updated as guidance changes over time.
Check-in Check-out/Around the Inn
• We will work with our guests to stagger check in times. Until we can offer contactless check-in, we will process your check in with minimal contact.
• Guests and staff are required to wear masks in all interior common areas. Guests may remove masks while seated at their breakfast table.
• Guests are responsible for maintaining 6 ft social distance from other guests and staff.
• Only registered guests are permitted inside the house at this time.
• If you are feeling ill or have been exposed to COVID in the past 14 days, you will not be permitted to stay.
• You will be asked to verify your contact information prior to arrival for the purpose of contact tracing.
• We’ve expanded our Breakfast seating to include two rooms. Additionally, weather permitting, we have seating on our South Patio. Guest will be asked to stagger their breakfast time to ensure social distance.
• At this time, we cannot offer the use of shared food and beverage equipment such as refrigerators and teapots in a common area, or a “reach-in” snack container such as a bowl of candy. Early risers can still come down get coffee or pre-breakfast snack at the kitchen passthrough window.
• Staff will prepare food while wearing masks and gloves.
• We use cleaners and disinfectants approved by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization.
• We can’t provide daily housekeeping service but will have a system in place to provide fresh towels or other amenities by request.
• Items that could allow for the transmission of COVID-19 such as magazines, journals, pens, decorative pillows or blankets will be kept out of rooms.
• Guest will be asked to leave overhead fan on at checkout for staff safety.
• Staff will wear gloves and masks when preparing your room.
• Port Austin Bed and Breakfast will utilize sanitation systems to sanitize all surfaces and scrub the air.
• High frequency of cleaning and sanitizing all frequently touched surfaces.
These policies will be updated as guidelines change. For more information on our policies visit our Policy page